• Athletes of the Week: TENNIS: Alaina Lewis & William Luque; WRESTLING: Leidaly Riveria; WEIGHTLIFTING: Kaivin Im

• Students of the Month: Alexis Ford (9); Jonathan Raffa & Skylar Deutch (10); Johnathon Difusco (11); Charlotte Stewart (12)

• Teacher of the Month: Leslie Giblin; Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Joanne Falzone

Olympic Heights Special Olympians Shine at State Games

Back to Article
Back to Article

Olympic Heights Special Olympians (from left) Derrick Morgan, Ethan Litman, and Tai Zheng show off some of the hardware won at the State Games over the weekend of May 19.

The long weeks of hard training put in by the Olympic Heights Special Olympics Team under Coach Robin Williams and Coach Joseph Leaming have paid off as team members selected to represent Palm Beach County at the State Games at Disney’s Wide World of Sports brought home two gold medals, two silver medals, and a bronze medal this past weekend

OH alumni Derrick Morgan won a gold medal in the 100 meter run and the 200 meter run. Sophomore Ethan Litman won a silver medal in the 50 meter run and another silver in the softball throw. Junior Tai Zheng won a bronze in the 50 meter run and finished fourth in the softball throw. Morgan was also selected as a candidate to train as one of Palm Beach County’s first ever pentathlon athletes.

The State Games results follow what was also a successful showing at the area games held over the weekend of April 7. At that competition the OH squad won eight golds, two silvers, and one bronze with five team members qualifying for the State Games.

“Coach Leaming and I are beyond proud of these kids,” commented Coach Williams when speaking of her entire squad.