• Athletes of the Week: TRACK: Ricky Brown & Bianca Bruney; WEIGHTLIFTING: Alan Simons; VOLLEYBALL: Chris Muro

• Athletes of the Week: BASEBALL: Jake Neese; SOFTBALL: Theresa Colandreo; FLAG FOOTBALL: Faith Krost

• Athletes of the Week: TENNIS: Michael Nemery & Flavia Viera; LACROSSE: Jamal London & Jessica Budin

• Students of the Month: Matt Merhi (9); Andie Hirsch (10); Adelaide Claiborne (11); Reyin Darby (12)

• Teacher of the Month: Sharon Neubauer; Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Nicki Spears

Lions Softball Posts Back-to-Back Wins in Pitchers’ Duels; Now 6-1 on the Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

OH pitcher Kaitlyn Cunningham earned a win and a save, striking out 10 batters over nine innings in the Lions' back-to-back wins.

The Olympic Heights softball team put together back-to-back wins over quality opponents on Wednesday and Thursday nights, running their season record to 6-1.

The Lady Lions defeated Park Vista 3-2 on Wednesday and Seminole Ridge 3-1 on Thursday I ntwo tightly played pitcher duels.

OH pitcher earned the victory over Seminole Ridge, surrendering just one run on two hits with one strikeout over five innings. Kaitlyn Cunningham shutdown Ridge for the save, allowing no hits or runs and striking out four batters over two innings.

An early lead helped propel the Lions to the win over Ridge with eight Lions collecting one hit each.

In addition to a base hit, Gabi Obando, Peri Spector, Maggie Luongo, and Cunningham each notched two stolen bases on the night.

In Wednesday’s game, Park Vista struck first with one run in the top of the fourth, but the Lions answered back tying the game in the bottom half, scoring a run on a Obando fielder’s choice.The Lions took the lead for good in the bottom of the fifth inning on a Gillian Lapis two-RBI single.

Cunningham earned the win over Park Vista with six strikeouts.

The Lady Lions travel on Tuesday to take on district opponent Dwyer at 6:45pm.