• Congrats to our SECME team for winning 1st place in the district!
  • OH Boys Weightlifting team won Regional Championship on 4/5! Good luck at the state championship!
  • Congratulations to our amazing theatre teacher Kimberly Coyle for being named a Dwyer Finalist for Senior High Education!
  • For the second consecutive year, the Olympic Heights girls soccer team is the 7A district 2023-2024 Academic Team Champion
  • Congratulations Florida DECA State Champions 2024: Katelynne Deale, Tai Graham, and Elsie Throckmorton!
  • Girls Soccer Coach Jim Cappello is coach of the year, leading the lions to 21 victories, and their eighth straight regional appearance.
  • Soccer: Senior Ava Cardaci was selected 7A District 12 Player of the Year with 15 goals and 27 assists.

Miley Cyrus New Hit Show, Miley Cyrus: Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Session)

Miley Cyrus released her 8th studio album, Endless Summer Vacation,  on March 10, 2023. Following the release of the album, Cyrus announced her new show, Miley Cyrus: Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Session), which is centered on the true meaning behind each song on the record. Cyrus performed songs such as “Jaded,” “Flowers,”,“Island,” and one of her classics, “The Climb,” throughout the production. The show takes place in Cyrus’ backyard, with the addition of some scenes being filmed right at her house.

Cyrus then released on August 25th,2023 a continuation of her show, called Miley Cyrus: Endless Summer Vacation: Continued (Backyard Sessions). In this special, Cyrus shares stories on all chapters of her life. With the release of the show, she also released her 4th single on her album “Used To Be Young.” Cyrus explained to her audience what the song represents to her. It “is about honoring who we’ve been, loving who we are, and celebrating who we will become.” Aviana Solorzano, Olympic Heights Junior, gave her opinion, acknowledging that “this song is one of her best!”

One of the most talked about topics with the release of the series is Cyrus’s relationship with her father. Miley and her father are no longer on speaking terms after his split from her mother, Trish Cyrus. It is rumored that she is not happy with her father after allegedly “grooming” her old Hannah Montana cast mate. Supposedly Cyrus cut off all contact after the engagement between Billy Ray, 61, and former cast member Firerose, 34. Cyrus seemed to take her mother’s side in the divorce, walking her mother down the aisle on August 19, 2023.

Despite the bad blood between Cyrus and her father, her commentary of her father in the show was delivered with no bad comments. Cyrus stated, “I do have a lot of great memories singing music with my dad.” Cyrus even got emotional after speaking about the difference between her and father’s childhood. 

One of Cyrus’s most controversial moments was touched on in the series. Cyrus talks about the backlash she received from her hit single “Wrecking Ball,” which was released in 2013. Cyrus states, “I expected controversy and backlash, but I didn’t expect other women to put me down.” She talks about a specific letter she received from Sinead O’Connor. She states that O’Connor believed she was being ‘coerced’ by her team to release “Wrecking Ball” and was concerned about her. 

Cyrus reflects on her past marriage with Liam Hemsworth in the series. The pair got married in 2018 and were divorced in 2020 after a 10-year-long relationship. During her episode, Cyrus spoke about her movie, The Last Song, which co-starred her now ex-husband. Cyrus goes on to talk about how special “it was watching two people fall in love with each other on and off the big screen.” Like her past topics, Cyrus got emotional when speaking about her past marriage. She discusses how her and Liam were not in the right mental state to continue her relationship and believed it was one of the hardest choices she had to make. 

Miley Cyrus: Endless Summer Vacation (Backyard Session) received a 4.7 out of 5 in audience rating. In addition, spectators also stated that the show was amazing to watch because it goes into depth about her life and her album. “Wonderful show about an amazing woman,” Emma Mizne, Olympic Height Junior, stated.

1
View Comments (1)