• Athletes of the Week: Lindsey Poloskey (VB); Brendan Ruh (Boys Bowling); Amanda Bosco (Girls Bowling)

• Athletes of the Week: Mackensley Hilaire (football); Brooks Lamb (Boys Golf); Lily Cao (Girls Golf)

• Students of the Month: Hailee Norris (fr.); Giovana DaSilva (sph.); Lindsey Poloskey (jun.); Lance Dragos (sen.)

• Teacher of the Month: Sarah Rew; Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Billy Alper

Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

OH Drama Stages Dessert Theatre May 16

The Olympic Heights Theatre Department's annual Dessert Theatre Night will be the last show for Troupe 4992's seniors.

Can’t get enough of the top notch Olympic Heights theatre program? Join the OH Drama Department on May 16 at 7:00pm for the annual Dessert Theatre to see its final production of the 2017-18 school year. This event will not only make you want to stand up and dance, but it will make your taste buds do a little boogie as well.

Before the show, during intermission and after the show, a variety of the most delicious desserts will be displayed to satisfy your sweet tooth, and don’t worry about not being able to choose between the cake or the cookie because all treats are included with a purchase of a ticket! This production promises to showcase a diversity of pieces presented by OH’s most talented thespians. Comedic skits, heartfelt songs, and even our critics’ choice awarding large group musical Run Freedom Run, will all be showcased during this unforgettable night.

This showcase is extremely important to Troupe 4992, especially the seniors. During this performance, the class of 2018 will perform the song “When I Grow Up” from the musical Matilda. This piece is guaranteed to touch every audience member as it symbolizes the bittersweet feeling of the Troupe 4992 seniors leaving their theatre family behind and moving on to the next chapter of their lives. The senior class singing this specific song is a tradition in the OH theatre department that means a great deal to the entire troupe, as well as to their amazing director Ms. Kimberly Coyle, who has watched all of the seniors grow into the incredible people and performers they are today.

While the show will give much recognition to the beloved seniors, it will also give a glimpse of all the talent that will be returning to the OH stage next school year. The underclassmen will showcase their incredible talents, and all they have learned about the art of theatre during their time spent in Troupe 4992. These stellar performances will make you count down the days till the curtains in the OH theater stage unveil these future stars once again.

While thinking of all the remarkable performances that will be shown next year is exciting, when the theatre department looks back on all the accomplishments they have made this school year, they are incredibly honored and proud of how they have represented Troupe 4992. One of their greatest milestones this year was receiving a critics choice award for their large group musical performance of “Run Freedom Run” from the musical Urinetown. This piece embodies the departments cohesiveness, positivity, and of course, talent.

Be sure to come to Troupe 4992’s last event of the school year where the desserts will be almost as sweet as the performances. Tickets can be purchased at the auditorium and are $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults.