• Raiders win 3rd Place Male Female Mixed Team at MCJROTC Nationals!
  • April Support Staff of the Month: Daytime Custodians
  • April Department of the Month: English and Reading Departments
  • Congrats to our SECME team for winning 1st place in the district!
  • OH Boys Weightlifting team won Regional Championship on 4/5! Good luck at the state championship!
  • Congratulations to our amazing theatre teacher Kimberly Coyle for being named a Dwyer Finalist for Senior High Education!
  • For the second consecutive year, the Olympic Heights girls soccer team is the 7A district 2023-2024 Academic Team Champion
  • Congratulations Florida DECA State Champions 2024: Katelynne Deale, Tai Graham, and Elsie Throckmorton!
  • Girls Soccer Coach Jim Cappello is coach of the year, leading the lions to 21 victories, and their eighth straight regional appearance.
  • Soccer: Senior Ava Cardaci was selected 7A District 12 Player of the Year with 15 goals and 27 assists.

The Eras Tour: A Tour of a Lifetime

On March 17, 2023, one of Taylor Swift’s most anticipated tours, The Eras Tour, began in Glendale, Arizona. With numerous sold-out shows, State Farm Stadium experienced a once-in-a-lifetime sensation as they had no idea what to expect.

Taylor Swift’s performances last for more than three hours with the addition of her two special openers: GAYLE, Gracie Abrams, OWENN, Phoebe Bridgers, Beabadoobee, Paramore, girl in red, MUNA, and HAIM. Before Swift hits the stage, an introduction takes place introducing all her different eras, or in other words, albums. “When the crowd heard the introduction, we all went insane. Definitely a memorable moment,” Izzy Pilato, an Olympic Heights Junior, added.

When it came to outfits, Taylor Swift did not disappoint. With more than 8 outfit changes per show, Swift also featured different variations of each with some relating back to her older tours. As with every outfit, a special surprise followed for fans. During her performance of “22,” Taylor’s team would pick one special guest in the crowd to be given a signed hat that Taylor Swift performs with. Additionally, after her song, “Fearless,” Swift threw her guitar pick into the crowd for a lucky Swiftie.

Fans also got the opportunity to not only find the perfect outfit to wear that matches an era of Swift’s life but also find ways to share the remarkable moments with each other. The unforgettable experience was shared by Swifties through the trend of friendship bracelets. These bracelets allowed Swifties to trade with one another and not only that, but also to tie their whole outfit together. This trend came after her song “You’re On Your Own Kid,” in which it mentions the making of friendship bracelets.

With more than 40 songs on the setlist, and an addition of two surprise songs performed each night, Taylor Swift keeps fans eagerly waiting for that special moment. According to POPBUZZ, “Taylor teased that she will only play each surprise song once unless she messes it up.” This rule was not followed for her new album, Midnights, as Taylor stated that those songs would be performed more than once. 

Taylor Swift is known to give out hints about new projects on the make. During her shows, flashing lights representing Speak Now flashed throughout the crowd making fans speculate what was to come. Then on May 5th, in Nashville, Tennessee, Taylor’s hometown, Speak Now Taylor’s Version was announced during her introduction of her surprise songs. She later released it on July 7th and during her show in Kansas City, one of her most loved songs, “Long Live,” was performed. She didn’t stop there though. On the last show of her US tour in Los Angeles, Swift announced 1989 Taylor’s Version. 

With international dates around the corner and the last show of the US tour approaching, Taylor Swift made an announcement that shocked fans. Swift released dates for a second US and Canada tour in 2024 with special guest Gracie Abrams returning. Olympic Heights Junior, Aviana Solorzano, expressed that “having the opportunity to go twice to the Eras Tour is definitely a dream come true.”

Taylor Swift’s concert film will now hit theaters in North America, allowing fans who not only weren’t able to go but also fans who were able to attend the Eras Tour, to experience the performance of a lifetime.