• Congrats to our SECME team for winning 1st place in the district!
  • OH Boys Weightlifting team won Regional Championship on 4/5! Good luck at the state championship!
  • Congratulations to our amazing theatre teacher Kimberly Coyle for being named a Dwyer Finalist for Senior High Education!
  • For the second consecutive year, the Olympic Heights girls soccer team is the 7A district 2023-2024 Academic Team Champion
  • Congratulations Florida DECA State Champions 2024: Katelynne Deale, Tai Graham, and Elsie Throckmorton!
  • Girls Soccer Coach Jim Cappello is coach of the year, leading the lions to 21 victories, and their eighth straight regional appearance.
  • Soccer: Senior Ava Cardaci was selected 7A District 12 Player of the Year with 15 goals and 27 assists.

The Taylor Swift Effect

The Internet cannot get enough of celebrity couple Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. The rumors of NFL star Travis Kelce and singer-songwriter Taylor Swift dating started in late September and things have moved quickly from there.

Swift enthralled the sports and entertainment industries when she showed up to Sunday’s Chiefs vs Chicago Bears game to witness her alleged love interest play ball. Every time Swift shows up to support him, he gets an average of 125,000 new social media followers every time. Fanatics said that sales of Kelce’s jersey had jumped by roughly 400%, demonstrating the instant impact of the Swift effect. Furthermore, Kelce’s marketing options are likely to increase given that he has gained over 550,000 new social media followers almost instantly. The 33-year-old, who won his second Super Bowl in February, could increase his non-football earnings to $10 million. “A lot of Swifties have clearly thrown their support behind Taylor’s new budding romance with Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, with Instagram followings shooting up for both the player and his team over the last month,” Preetham Reddy, Founder of Averagebeing, said in a statement. “It will be interesting to monitor the trend moving forward to see if Taylor’s appearances at NFL games continue to impact the Chiefs’ popularity this season.”

Swift’s record-breaking Eras Tour is now on pause; it will resume in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on November 9. Recently though, she has been seen out on dinner dates with Kelce, and the two even made an unexpected appearance together on Saturday Night Live. Alongside host Pete Davidson, Ice Spice—a close friend and collaborator on “Karma”—was the musical guest for the show’s season debut, and Taylor was there to support her. Taylor made a quick appearance to introduce Ice Spice on screen prior to her live rendition of “Pretty Girl.” Travis Kelce also made an appearance as himself at the end of a Swiftie-themed skit, which parodied the NFL’s current fixation on covering the two’s relationship.

However, many NFL fans have objected to the displaying of Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift. Fans are criticizing sports channels for too many mentions and cutaways during the Chiefs-Jets game. NBC presenter Mike Tirico announced, “Oh yeah, she’s here: Taylor is in the house,” as soon as the cameras spotted Swift in the stands. He then went on, “Hi Swifties, we’ll be with you all night.” Viewers of Kansas City’s  performance versus New York were continuously annoyed by NBC’s decision to cut to the singer 17 times during the game. Swift’s football “take-over” has drawn criticism from NFL fans, who claim that the singer’s frequent appearances during the broadcast are “destroying football.”

Kelce is planning to be by her side when she starts her international tour dates, scheduled to start in November, and fans are excited to see where this relationship takes them.

This poll has ended.

Will Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's relationship last?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

2
View Comments (2)