• Congrats to our SECME team for winning 1st place in the district!
  • OH Boys Weightlifting team won Regional Championship on 4/5! Good luck at the state championship!
  • Congratulations to our amazing theatre teacher Kimberly Coyle for being named a Dwyer Finalist for Senior High Education!
  • For the second consecutive year, the Olympic Heights girls soccer team is the 7A district 2023-2024 Academic Team Champion
  • Congratulations Florida DECA State Champions 2024: Katelynne Deale, Tai Graham, and Elsie Throckmorton!
  • Girls Soccer Coach Jim Cappello is coach of the year, leading the lions to 21 victories, and their eighth straight regional appearance.
  • Soccer: Senior Ava Cardaci was selected 7A District 12 Player of the Year with 15 goals and 27 assists.

What To Do In Florida During the Holiday Season?

Getty Images
Holiday, Christmas background with pine tree branches and berries.

As the 2023 year comes to an end, the holiday season has once again arrived in only a blink of an eye. People around the world are getting ready to celebrate the holidays as decoration and shopping begins. In the United States, the state of Florida offers its residents many opportunities to have fun with family and friends. Here are some magical spots anyone around the world can come and enjoy their holiday season in the state of Florida:

Snowcat Ridge:

Located in Tampa, Florida, Snowcat Ridge offers those with a thrilling sensation as they can experience attractions in the actual snow. Opening once again on December 3rd, this “one-of-a-kind alpine snow park features a massive snow tubing hill, Alpine village, and a ten thousand square foot snow play dome. There’s also an igloo space to unwind with a drink and some good eats,” That’s So Tampa stated. As ticket prices range from 25 to 40 dollars per individual, this snow park is set to bring you the real white Christmas many wish for down in Florida.

Holiday Light Cruise:

Located in Fort Lauderdale, this light cruise allows you and your close ones to get together and enjoy the glamorous lights displayed by many beautiful waterfront mansions. With an approximately 3-hour long ride, this cruise not only takes you through the joy of holiday lights but also “features live music … to make your spirits bright,” Water Taxi included. This attraction was described by other guests as something purely magical and fascinating for those who seek a perfect place to experience the seasonal show of lights.

Santa’s Enchanted Forest:

Located in Miami, Florida, this one-of-a-kind theme park offers residents the opportunity to get together and celebrate the season with many different attractions, games, food, and shows. Being one of the world’s largest holiday theme parks, Santa’s Enchanted Forest allows their guests to experience their “dazzling displays” and their breathtaking light show, perfect for achieving the perfect holiday picture. Open now till January 7th with ticket prices ranging from 37 to 45 dollars, this place will deliver you and your guests an amazing night out in Miami.

Chanukah Celebration and Menorah Lighting: 

Located in Coral Gables, Florida, the 21st Annual Chanukah Celebration will be held on December 10th, the fourth night of Chanukah. Open to anyone in the community, the annual celebration provides guests with a variety of attractions and activities, “fire truck parade, live band, rock climbing wall, ninja obstacle course, train rides, and toddler play center,” Chabad of Downtown Coral Gables stated. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to bring you and your family to honor the celebration with all our guests and performers. 

Hanukkah Boat Parade:

Located in Fort Lauderdale, South Florida’s boat parade is designed to bring the spirit of Hanukkah to the next level with a themed decorated boat. Going from New River to Andrew Avenue, your night will shine as you encounter the famous lighting throughout your sail on December 12th, 2023. 

17
View Comments (17)