• Athletes of the Week: Lindsey Poloskey (VB); Brendan Ruh (Boys Bowling); Amanda Bosco (Girls Bowling)

• Athletes of the Week: Mackensley Hilaire (football); Brooks Lamb (Boys Golf); Lily Cao (Girls Golf)

• Students of the Month: Hailee Norris (fr.); Giovana DaSilva (sph.); Lindsey Poloskey (jun.); Lance Dragos (sen.)

• Teacher of the Month: Sarah Rew; Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Billy Alper

Olympic Heights Climate Change Awareness Art on Exhibit

Climate change is one of the most critical issues affecting our world today. Unfortunately, many people remain unaware of the catastrophic implications of this global crisis. One of the major effects of climate change is a rise in sea levels due to melting ice sheets, which makes areas such as Florida especially sensitive to flooding. In fact, studies have shown that Florida has more residents at risk from climate change than any other state.

In order to raise climate change awareness, Anya Al-Salem, a volunteer at Daggerwing Nature Center and president of the Clim-ACT-ivists Club at Olympic Heights, organized the second Climate Change Awareness Art Exhibit at Daggerwing Nature Center. The art exhibit is on display throughout March, 2018 at Daggerwing Nature Center, located in Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park, 11435 Park Access Road, Boca Raton.

Al-Salem and the Clim-ACT-ivists hope the artwork sparks meaningful conversations and encourages people to take action.  Even the smallest steps, such as switching off lights and hang-drying clothes to reduce energy consumption, can make a significant difference in the long-run.  People should walk, cycle, or use public transportation instead of taking their cars, and they should look into using renewable power. If everyone pitches in, a significant contribution toward ending climate change is possible.