• Athletes of the Week: VOLLEYBALL: Ariana Steighner; BOWLING: Jack Cowan & Alexa Haas; CROSS COUNTRY: Nicholas Sanchez

• Athletes of the Week: GOLF: Brooks Lamb & Jordyn Huberman; SWIMMING: Christopher Rodriguez & Falyn Housenbold

• Students of the Month: Nicholas Defrancesco (fr.); Alexis Rejouis (sph.); Jordyn Geller (jun.); Jamison Turenne (sen.)

• Teacher of the Month: Amy Baer: Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Darren Studstill

Olympic Heights Principal Dave Clark Taking Immediate Extended Leave of Absence

Mr. Dave Clark served as Olympic Heights principal from 2011 through 2018.

Olympic Heights principal Dave Clark stunned faculty and staff at yesterday’s Professional Development Day faculty meeting when he announced that he will be taking an immediate extended leave of absence, at least through the remainder of the 2018-19 school year, to better support his wife who is dealing with health issues.

Clark has been at the forefront of some remarkable gains at the school since taking the helm in 2011.  OH has either been at the top or near the top of Palm Beach District high schools in many areas of measurable academic gains including state and national test scores and graduation rate.

Clark told the OH faculty and staff that the school district hopes to have his replacement named and at the school by Tuesday, Sept. 4.  South area and district representatives will meet with interested OH faculty and staff members wishing to give input as to what qualities they would like to see in Clark’s replacement at 3:00 today in the school’s media center. A similar meeting for OH parents and community members will be held this evening at 6:30.

Additionally, three OH staff members and two OH parents will sit on the interview committee for potential replacements for Clark. Those interviews are scheduled for Friday, Aug. 31.

Clark’s wife, Ann, is on an extended leave of absence from her position as principal at Polo Park Middle School in Wellington.  The entire OH community is keeping the Clark family in its thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Olympic Heights Principal Dave Clark Taking Immediate Extended Leave of Absence”

1. Dana Pasternack on August 29th, 2018 8:55 am

Dave Clark,

You will be missed! Wishing your wife a full recovery!

2. Ashley on August 29th, 2018 10:16 am

I am so sad that dave Clark is leaving olympic heights community high school he was a principal of the school so i hope his gets better soon and everbody is going miss him a lot.

3. Kristyn on August 29th, 2018 8:13 pm

Mr. Clark your the best principal I had at that school. I hope your wife gets better soon and you and your wife are in my prayers.

4. Lynn Salberg on August 29th, 2018 10:21 pm

Mr. Clark is an outstanding principal . I’m so sorry to hear this news. Praying for a quick recovery for his wife .

5. Allie mascola on August 30th, 2018 12:23 pm

holding the entire clark family close to my heart, Mr.clark was my principal all four years of OH and he was a great guy! Quick recovery to Mrs. Clark

*