• Athletes of the Week: TRACK: Ricky Brown & Bianca Bruney; WEIGHTLIFTING: Alan Simons; VOLLEYBALL: Chris Muro

• Athletes of the Week: BASEBALL: Jake Neese; SOFTBALL: Theresa Colandreo; FLAG FOOTBALL: Faith Krost

• Athletes of the Week: TENNIS: Michael Nemery & Flavia Viera; LACROSSE: Jamal London & Jessica Budin

• Students of the Month: Matt Merhi (9); Andie Hirsch (10); Adelaide Claiborne (11); Reyin Darby (12)

• Teacher of the Month: Sharon Neubauer; Non-Instructional Employee of the Month: Nicki Spears

Girls’ Volleyball, Boys’ and Girls’ Golf Begin Postseason Play

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Olympic Heights girls' volleyball team opens postseason play at Boynton Beach on Monday, Oct. 15.

The Olympic Heights girls’ volleyball team and both the OH boys’ and girls’ golf teams will begin post season play Monday, October 15 in their respective district championship tournaments.

The volleyball team (7-16 on the regular season) will travel to Boynton Beach High on Monday at 6:00 p.m. in the first round of the District 13-8A tournament. A win Monday would send the team to the district’s number one seed West Boca.

Golfers Brooks Lamb, Justin Cao, Oliver Kiely, Christian Ayala, and Ryan Lucido will represent the boys’ golf team (6-2) at the District 20-3A tournament at the Country Club of Coral Springs, teeing off at 9:00 a.m. The boys’ team’s only two losses came at the hands of Boca Raton High, and the two teams will face off again in the district tournament.

The girls’ golf team (3-5) will be represented by Jordyn Huberman, Gillian Lapis, and Lily Cao at the District 20-3A tournament at the Delray Beach Golf Club.

In both the boys’ and girls’ golf tournaments, the top three teams and the top three individual players not on a top-three team will advance to the Region 7-3A tournament to be held at Okeeheelee Golf Course in West Palm Beach.

Last year’s boys’ golf team advanced to the regional tournament, missing out on a trip to the state tournament by two strokes; however, Lamb did advance to the state tournament as an individual player. On the girls’ side last year, Huberman advanced to the regional tournament as an individual player.